Sunday 1 March 2009

the road to recovery - The Hyprocure TM

Nearly two weeks have passed with the new foot.
It has been a real paradigm shift as the old unstable foot and all that accompanied it, disappears
I am driving, walking, stairs etc. As long as I have it wrapped up for security it is fine. I just must be mindful, as a set back is still possible.
Still it is a revelation and a delight.

I know there has been a huge shift for me in the way I assess feet and foot conditions. Many continue to dismiss this procedure with lots of words to undermine the effects. It is almost as though had I had buckets of post operative pain, lots of metalware in the foot, long operating time, that would have made it more acceptable! Of course better for who, and that is the heart of the matter.
I had to buy a comfortable, flat shoe, having not worn flats in years! Satisfyingly, I threw old flat lace ups away and am now in uber-unglamorous Clarks K shoe. Very comfortable and far more stable on the operated, non wobbly foot than the one now in waiting.

7 comments:

  1. I am having the procedure tomorrow morning. Have you any more comments on your experience to share. I hope to teach my classes 5 days after the hyprocure. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kandy
    I am well recovered from my right foot and all is well. It really is a daily marvel to have a structurally stable foot. It has even made me a better and I trust you have done well post operatively

    Emma Supple

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I'm 19 years old, I have flaxiable flat feet and considering the surgery. I have a few questions, Is the Hyprocure one of the best sinus tarsi implant to correct over pronation ? Does the impant really last a life time ? Would you recommend it ? Also, is it possible for the tendons and ligaments in the foot to adjust to the corrected position, gradually changing the shape of the foot ?
    Any input would be very helpful :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your surgery went well. I solved my problems with my flat feet by going around barefoot at home and wearing only minimal barefoot (flat/flexible) shoes elsewhere. I found that, for me, flat feet are not the problem - wearing shoes is. Having read around the subject I've found that many others have discovered the same thing - foot problems resolve when we stop wearing shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had my right foot done 3 weeks ago. If you want to follow my recovery you can find me at:

    http://hyprocuresurgery.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    I'm looking into getting this procedure done. I have very flat flexible flat feet, and am 23 years old. I swam competitively most of my life, which is how I got away with dealing with flat feet. I would always wear orthotics, but they honestly didn't help me much. I would still get pain regardless.

    Now I am doing CrossFit, which involves many high impact exercises including jumping, running, olympic weight lifting, gymnastics, etc. Right now I can do everything that CrossFit asks for except running. Every time I run I get shin splints, sore ankles, knees. Thus, my main concern with getting this procedure is that I want to be able to do more than I can now, not be hindered more. Would back squatting with 400 pounds hurt the implant even years after the surgery? Would I be able to play basketball, soccer, football? Can I sprint and jog? I would love to hear from athletes who've had the surgery from at least 2 years ago.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete