Sunday 18 January 2009

Shoes; the return of Docs.




My obsession with shoes is still really in its infancy; I still covet some of the fabulous names in shoe design and crucially construction. I have a large stack of magazines from over the years that are starting to take over, so I have been de-cluttering.


What is fascinating to me are the adverts for shoes. The language of describing these is changing so much but to include words such as fierce and gladitorial when discussing feet is new.


Shoes are not only higher but come with their own ad campaigns now. It was not always thus; I recall Bally, Ravel and much gentler shoe shops!


However I also was a Doc Marten girl. In my student days it was jeans cut at the knee , black tights and docs. So it is really heartening to see Doc martens come back into fashion and in such fabulous colours. I may have to get another pair!






No comments:

Post a Comment